Vacancies at the Red Bull APC
NO MORE APPLICATIONS ARE BEING CONSIDERED.
Due to the very large number of applications and questions and it is not possible to respond to all queries. If you have applied and are being shortlisted you will hear from us.
At the Red Bull Athlete Performance Center (APC) a team of practitioners looks after Red Bull athletes. There are 2 amazing facilities in Thalgau Austria (near Salzburg) and Santa Monica (California, US).
Expansion of these centres is imminent, also in the performance nutrition team. The base for this position is Thalgau in Austria and traveling component is small.
We are looking for an energetic member of the team with a sports dietetics or sports nutrition background.The successful candidate will operate within the team and will be supported by Dr Asker Jeukendrup (who is heading of the global nutrition team). Tasks include amongst other tasks:
- Consulting with Red Bull athletes
- Delivering optimal meals to athletes at the APC
- Delivering cooking classes, demos or workshops
- Participating in meetings with the global nutrition team
- Help to develop education materials
The education background and skills we are looking for are:
- Trained dietitian with demonstrable education in sport (science)
- Performance nutritionist with demonstrable skills in consulting and sport (science)
- Critical reading and thinking skills
- Good grasp of the current literature
- Good team player
- Great communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management
- Fluent in English (both speaking and writing)
- Experience working with athletes
Useful but not critical
- Speaking multiple languages especially English and German
- Background in sport
- Extensive experience working with elite athletes